AM and PM Developmental Preschool Guide 2018-2019
Teacher: Mrs. Ann C. Rogier (Ms. Ann)
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Preschool Assistants: Janelle Tyree, Rachel Lindauer and Kim Collignon
AM Drop off and Pick up Schedule:
- The Co-op bus drops off students at 7:40 - 7:45 am behind the school by the Kindergarten hallway.
- Students will need to be dropped off between 7:30 - 7:45 am behind the school by the kindergarten hallway.
- Students arriving after 7:50 am should be brought to the front of the building and check in at the office.
- Students will need to be picked up at 10:45 am behind school by the Kindergarten doors or by the playground.
- After 10:50 am - Parents will need to pick up students in the office.
PM Drop off and Pick up Schedule:
- The Co-op bus will be dropping of students in front of the FES at the main entrance at 12:00 pm
- Students will need to be dropped off at the same time and place at 12:00 pm.
- Students will need to be picked up by 2:45 pm behind the school by the Kindergarten doors.
- The Co-op Bus will pick up students in front of the school building at 2:45 pm.
- The staff will greet students at the bus and cars. The staff will then bring students into the classroom.
- Gym and Minds-N- Motion: Monday-Thursday
- Morning Library - Monday
- Afternoon Library - Thursday
- Speech: Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
The Parent needs to bring to School:
- Enrollment forms
- Birth Certificate
- Shot Record
- Backpack and notebook.
- Preschoolers will need to bring an extra set of clothing to keep at school: Shirt, pants, socks, and underwear.
- If your child is not toilet trained at this time please bring diapers, pull-ups, and wipes to keep at school. I will let you know when supplies are running low.
- 1 Box of Kleenex
- 1 box of gallon or quart size baggies
- Daily snack.
Parents can buy breakfast for their child each morning if they do not have time to eat breakfast at home. The preschoolers can also bring a breakfast to school or purchase a breakfast at school - the cost is $1.35. If you qualify for Free or reduced meals, then it would be .30 cents, or free. The preschoolers can eat breakfast in the cafeteria at 7:55.
Please send a snack for your child every day.
The classroom “News Letter” can be found on my (Ann Rogier) Web page. The newsletter will include important information such as upcoming events, concepts, letters/numbers of the week, etc.
BIG DAY for PreK:
Our curriculum is called BIG DAY for PreK. This curriculum will help preschoolers better prepare for Kindergarten. Parents will have access to a Family Space page anywhere with internet access.
The Clip Chart is used to manage students’ behavior. Each student has their own clip. Each day, each student will start on the green part of the chart (Ready to Learn). If a student does not follow the rules, the student will have to clip down.
If a student does follow the rules, help others, or does extra clean up, the student will be awarded by clipping up. There will be awards for positive behavior.
- Pick a prize from the prize box
- Think About It
- Teacher’s Choice
- Parent Contact
Weather Delays or Cancellations:
Southeast Dubois School Corporation now uses Phone Reach to let parents know of any delays or cancellations. However, you can still listen to 104.7 WITZ, 98.5 WQKZ, or local TV stations for delays and cancellations.
If Southeast Dubois Corporation is on a two-hour delay, The AM Developmental Preschool will not meet that day.
Please call to report your child absences to Ferdinand Elementary at 812-817-0900.
If your child rides the Co-op bus please call D.S.P. Exceptional Children’s Co-op at 812-482-6661 to report their absence.
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you have any questions or concerns.
Ann C. Rogier