Grammar Study Guide
Aero & Officer Mike
Pronoun – Verb Agreement:
Things to remember:
- With a singular pronoun, the verb usually ends in S.
- With a plural pronoun, the verb usually does not end in S.
- When adding S to a verb, remember these rules:
- Most of the time, just add S.
- If the verb ends in S, SH, CH, or X, add ES.
- If the verb ends in a consonant and Y, change the Y to an I and add ES.
She laughs at the joke. They laugh at the joke.
He wishes for a new bike. They wish for a new bike.
It cries when it wakes. They cry when they wake.